In this article, you will find how to solve the memory card cannot be used error without damaging the original data.
Q: I have a Nikon Coolpix. I shoot a lot of photos. However, yesterday, I met a terrible memory card problem. I could not access data stored on my memory card and received a warning message: “this memory card cannot be used, card may be damaged, insert another card” (image below). Now, what should I do? Can I move out this error easily and effectively?
Have you ever encountered the same problem? Is it possible to fix this issue without data loss? Now, in today’s post, I am going to show you how to solve this issue efficiently.
Data Recovery from Memory Card That Cannot Be Used
In general, if the memory card contains massive important data, users really should pay attention to data recovery the most. Otherwise, the original data could be overwritten. And then, there is no way to recover them. To recover lost data from damaged memory card, users can try the following three ways.
1. Users can turn to backup files to get lost data back from memory card that cannot be used. However, if there is no backup file, please try the following solutions.
2. If users don’t want to spend time recovering lost data, they can turn to professional data recovery companies to restore lost data.
Note: it is indeed an effective solution for lost data recovery, but you have to bear the risk of leaking privacy.
Want to know the best way?
3. According to a survey, we find many users like recovering lost data by using professional and simple data recovery software equipped with high security. Thus, they can effectively recover lost data without affecting the original data.
Fix Error “This Memory Card Cannot Be Used”
After recovering lost data, we can try the following solutions to fix the memory card cannot be used error.
Solution 1: Check and repair error by running command prompt.
As we know, if we cannot access our memory card because of some errors, we can try diskpart to check and repair errors.
- Firstly, open Command Prompt and run it as administrative.
- Second, type chkdsk /f [drive letter] and press Enter.
- Finally, type exit and press Enter.
Chkdsk may take a long time to check and repair errors. However, sometimes, users will find this solution cannot solve their problem. Now, what should we do? In this situation, please try formatting the damaged memory card to move out this error.
Solution 2: Format damaged memory card
Connect memory card to computer, and then open Disk Management.
Right click the memory card, and then choose Format… feature.
Then, specify needed volume label, file system and allocation unite size and click OK button to get the following message: “Formatting this volume will erase all data on it. Backup any data you want to keep before formatting. Do you want to continue?”
Now, click OK to complete the formatting process.
Of course, there are other solutions to format memory card effectively. Here, please read this tutorial “SD Card Formatter | How Do I Format SD Card Quickly”- to know four detailed solutions to format the memory card.
Written by Anna Lan
Comment this news or article