DribbleUp launches the first soccer ball with augmented reality on Kickstarter. The ball connects to the DribbleUp training app on iPhone and Android using your smartphone’s camera and advanced computer vision algorithms.
The DribbleUp app follows the ball in real time and synthesizes thousands of data points into training feedback. A virtual trainer guides players through drills, provides real time audio feedback and grades performance at the end of each drill.
In the United States alone, there are more than 3 million youth soccer players and 250,000 adult players. They spend $70 million on soccer balls each year and the market is growing quickly. There are currently no options on the market for a tech-enabled soccer ball.
The DribbleUp smart ball is the first that can be used not just to train but also for freestyling and in games. “I sincerely believe that in the future every sports ball will have an app, it’s just so obvious” said DribbleUp CEO Eric Forkosh. “Every soccer ball today – no matter the price – works the same way it worked a century ago. We’re using technology to make soccer balls that deliver a more magical experience while helping players take their game to the next level.”
● $89.99 Retail Price, includes smart soccer ball and smartphone tripod stand
● Regulation size and weight soccer ball available in Sizes 3, 4, 5
● High quality textured, matchball-quality skin with butyl bladder
● Augmented reality soccer training using your smartphone camera
● Soccer homework for interactive at-home training
● Goal shot tracking and freestyle recording
Comment this news or article